Monday, August 11, 2008

The boring wait for college to come...


So I'm off to college...well not yet. I have until August the 22ND to get my shit packed and head off to the exciting and always interesting state of Alabama ( sarcasm). Don't let my pessimistic tone confuse you, I'm very excited. I can't wait to start track and field conditioning, which takes place on a hot ass track in the middle of a scorching field with temperatures reminiscent to those days when my ancestors worked the fields ( or kitchens...not sure, I'm kind of on the light side). After lifting weights and running laps I'll mosey on over to the library or mandatory study hall for freshman athletes. GREAT I'll be trapped in a room full of immature football players who smell like bologna and sweat. YAY ME! After that I can't wait to rush over to my biology class so I can be the only black Premed student in the room...oh wait there will be one more...my twin sister! After having to prove to the teacher that I am indeed in the right class and I did not make the mistake of checking biology as my desired major ( in Alabama they pronounce it "bology") I will go back to my apartment which we had to get because my coach forgot to sign us up for housing. After napping for a few hours I'll get up and do some home work. Get ready for the next and what? You guessed it....do it all over again. SO now I'm just sitting here...on the couch...blogging about how bored I am....OH and did I mention I can't wait to go? Somebody pray for us LOL.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Which college are you going to?
How much does it cost annually?

-Rose

Anonymous said...

Hi Ebony,

You pitched for a job I had listed on Get a Freelancer a few weeks back. Are you available? I would be interested in talking with you.

Please contact me immediately on isreal.hartley@gmail.com